GoodRx, a leading resource for healthcare savings and information, announced Medicine Cabinet, a comprehensive solution designed to help consumers seamlessly manage their medications. Medicine Cabinet gives people easy-to-use tools to keep track of their prescriptions, get refills and daily pill reminders, find low prices, and earn rewards for staying on track. By making prescription management easier, smarter, and more relevant, Medicine Cabinet will better enable consumers to stay adherent to their treatment plans and manage their overall healthcare costs.
Medication adherence is key to improving health outcomes, managing chronic conditions, and decreasing spend in the healthcare system. An estimated 50% of all American adults struggle to take their medications as prescribed, and lack of affordability is a contributing reason why 20-30% of prescriptions are never filled. Adherence becomes even more challenging when patients have multiple prescriptions, reports BusinessWire.
In fact, early data shows that GoodRx users who engage with Medicine Cabinet are almost four times as likely to claim prescriptions at the pharmacy than non-registered users. Furthermore, these users are managing more prescriptions within the GoodRx app, leading to more than 40% more prescriptions filled than non-registered users in the first six months after first filling a medication.
“It’s no secret that an important part of staying healthy is sticking to your prescribed treatment plan, but that’s often easier said than done. Tracking a variety of medicines and remembering when to take them is a real challenge. But for many Americans, it gets even harder juggling refills, navigating multiple pharmacies, and managing costs,” said Mark Hull, Chief Product Officer of GoodRx. “With Medicine Cabinet, we are addressing these hurdles by making medication management easier and giving consumers more control over their prices, leveraging much of the prescription history consumers already have on GoodRx. While other solutions focus solely on alerts, with GoodRx’s Medicine Cabinet, you can actually save more money just by adhering to your medications.”
New features available in Medicine Cabinet include:
· Action Center: Keeping track of the different actions you need to take across all of your prescriptions can be overwhelming. The Action Center keeps it simple by highlighting important things you need to do to stay on top of your medications.
· Best Pharmacy Recommendations: Finding the pharmacy that offers the best prices for all of your medications can be tricky. Now, we do the work for you and analyze your entire list of prescriptions to identify the pharmacy offering the lowest overall price on GoodRx so you can maximize your savings.
· Daily Medication & Refill Reminders: Remembering to take medications on time and keeping track of refills can be challenging. Our new Reminders feature can help ensure that you'll never miss a dose or a refill. You can set reminders for the time of day when the medication should actually be taken.
· Prescriptions Dashboard: Find all of your medications in one place without all the work. Prescriptions filled using GoodRx will automatically populate in the Medicine Cabinet, saving time and the work of entering information manually. You will be able to see the prescription number, physician contact info, date of next refill, and even the correct pill image so you can identify it at home. In addition, you can add prescriptions filled outside of GoodRx, so you have everything in one place.
· Rewards Program: Earn GoodRx Rewards points every time you use an eligible GoodRx coupon or pick up your refills on time, and redeem them for discounts on your prescriptions or digital gift cards from hundreds of retailers. You save when you stay healthy.
Medicine Cabinet is available now on iOS and coming soon to Android.
GoodRx is a leading resource for healthcare savings and information that makes healthcare affordable and convenient for all Americans. We offer consumers free access to transparent and lower prices for brand and generic medications, affordable and convenient medical provider consultations via telehealth, and comprehensive healthcare research and information. Since 2011, we have helped consumers save over $55 billion and are one of the most downloaded medical apps over the past decade.